Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Friday, October 23, 2015
Thursday, October 22, 2015
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
For those of you who have registered for the Year End Workshop in Cincinnati (November 19th & 20th) or who are considering attending, we have arranged with Marriott for pricing of $86 / night and double Marriott points.
This TownPlace Suites hotel is across the street from the training center ( the Arden Centre 4675 Cornell Road Suite 175 Blue Ash Ohio 45241).
Here are the details:
- $86 / night for studio suite (1 queen size bed)
- Double Marriott points
- Across street from Arden Centre (about 300 yards)
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Complimentary Internet access
- Cardio fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Marriott contact: Abby Beckett 513-469-8222
- ThinkWare contact: Robert Gepfert 513-598-3300
Our best to you,
Leader: Skill Development
Monday, October 5, 2015
ThinkWare – 2015 Hands On Year-End Workshop
As we have done in the past, we are again offering a workshop focused on the processes and functions necessary for a successful 2015 year-end closing and for a smooth transition to the new 2016 year.
This workshop will cover:
· Employee Reconcile
· Updating rates and/or limits for 2016 for
o Workers Comp
o Medical Insurance
· How to close AR/AP and GL modules
· W2 and 1099 reporting
· 1094/95 ACA reporting
There are 3 Learning Options:
· Attend in person at session in Cincinnati, Ohio
· November 19 & 20
· 9 to 5 Thursday and 9 to 1 on Friday
· $590 per attendee
· Lodging averages $100 - $120 / night (one hotel is right across the street
· Lunch provided
· Airports: CVG (29 miles) or DAY (54 miles)
· Transportation from CVG is $35 - $75 (UberX, shuttle, or taxi)
· Pre-requisite in place for this program*
· Attend remote classroom program
· Total of four sessions: week of 11/9 OR
Week of 12/7
· Classes on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
· Length: 2 – 3 hour afternoon sessions (EST)
· $490 per attendee
· Program limited to six attendees
· Pre-requisite in place for this program*
· Recommended that you have 2 monitors and 2 computers for this remote class
* Prerequisites include:
· At least two years of experience with use of Darwin software (if you are new Darwin user you can schedule phone trainings in advance that will cover the basics to get you prepared for this training)
For questions, more information and to register email Robert Gepfert: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee On-Boarding Released
ThinkWare announces the release of the new Employee On-Boarding module for DarwiNet. This is a complete re-write of the existing On-Boarding. Here are a few highlights of the new system:
§ Customizable profiles for gathering necessary information and determining what steps the employee and client perform
§ Clients and Employees can have separate tasks
§ Finalize step for Employee and Client to ensure all necessary information is collected
§ Electronic signature for forms
§ Unlimited profiles per company and client
§ Flexible setup options for what information is required and what is optional
§ Forms can be uploaded and maintained
§ Forms can be customized with additional information entered by the employee and/or client
§ Standard forms are maintained (i.e. W-4; I9)
§ State tax forms are provided
§ Notification system for employees, managers, and the PEO/ASO
§ “Client” On-Boarding – import employees from spreadsheet to initiate the process
§ Client Dashboard showing the progress of each employee in the on-boarding process
§ Help functionality to allow employee to contact the PEO/ASO for assistance
§ Completely integrated with Darwin and DarwiNet
IMPORTANT RELEASE INFORMATION – PLEASE READ
Since the new Employee On-Boarding system is completely re-written, there are important items to consider prior to upgrading from the existing On Boarding within DarwiNet:
§ You must be on Darwin 12.15 or later to use the new On-Boarding system.
§ There is NO conversion path from existing On Boarding. The data structure and program are completely different so there is no upgrade path from your existing On-Boarding Profiles and Forms/Documents. These will need to be setup in the new On-Boarding.
§ All employees in the current On-Boarding process must finalize prior to upgrading or the information will be lost.
§ If you are hosting your DarwiNet/On-Boarding, you will need to make sure you are on .Net 4.5.1; Windows Server 2008; and SQL Server 2008 (we recommend SQL Server 2012 since the year end release of DarwiNet will require SQL 2012).
NEXT STEPS/UPGRADE PREPARATION
Here are steps you can follow:
§ If you are a current On-Boarding client and want to schedule your upgrade, please contact Client Services at email@example.com.
§ Prior to upgrading it is highly recommended that you print out the setup of your existing Profiles (Support can help with this) so you can have them to setup the Profiles in the new On-Boarding.
§ You will need to re-map any forms and documents you have in your current On-Boarding.
§ If you do NOT currently have On-Boarding and are interested in more information, firstname.lastname@example.org for a demo and information.
ThinkWare is offering Consulting and Training services with On-Boarding to assist in the setup and use of the new system. These include:
- Profile Setup
- Document Setup and Mapping
- Training for PEO/ASO Staff
- End User Training for your Clients
- On Boarding Consulting – Best Practices
If you are interested in any of these services, please contact email@example.com.
- 1094C and 1095C ACA reporting available in Darwin ...
- ThinkWare will be closed on Thursday and Friday No...
- SSA offers AccuWage for Electronic W-2 Filers. Th...
- Reminder: Daylight saving time ends November 1
- The IRS has released final forms and instructions ...
- For those of you who have registered for the Yea...
- ThinkWare – 2015 Hands On Year-End Workshop A...
- Product Update Employee On-Boarding Released ...
- ▼ October (8)